Sorry giggityÂ has absolutely nothing to do with Father’s Day. I might have turrets.
So in case you are a horrible daughter/son/husband/wife/whatever and have not even bothered to plan a thing for your dad, well you should count your lucky stars because being the good friend that I am, I am featuring 1 Fine Cookie recipes that would make you Dad’s favorite. Nope, he definitely has a favorite. No matter what he tells you. For reals.
Here we have some amaaazzzzzzzing recipes
(and I’m not just saying that because I they are my posts, I swear).
1. The ultimate classic comfort food mixed in with a bar favorite, is my version of the buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese. It is topped with panko bread and blue cheese crumbs, and drizzled with homemade blue cheese dressing. I also infused the chicken with buttermilk and buffalo sauce.
This recipe I sadly cannot take credit for. I found it at Food Network. My changes to it, however, give it that little, “I can no die in peace,” oomph. Click here to see the recipe.
2. If pops is a ballpark frequenter then he will love the hot dogs wrapped in bacon and pretzels, with a nacho cheese dip. They are bite-sized. They have three awesome foods all rolled into one. I have said enough.
See the recipe for the hot dogs here.
3. The mustache cake pops are for two types of dads. There is the dad who is super funny and always joking around. Then there is the dad who thinks he is funny, but he totally is not. You all know exactly what I am talking about.
Give your funny, or thinks he is funny father these mustache cake pops. See the recipe here.
4. This pizza cake is perfect for the daddies who don’t like sweet stuff. He still deserves a cake so give him one with three layers of soft crust, homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and toppings galore.
See how to make a savory pizza cake here.
If your father loves beer and/or bacon then check out these photos:
Okay, so I went a little overboard with the bacon & beer thing. I can’t help it. I just wanted to give you options. Options are good.
1 & 2. Golf ball cake pops made with aÂ beer and bacon cake filling.. That is all.
See how to make these delightful cake pops here.
3. Make breakfast for dad. Make an awesome breakfast for dad. Beer and chocolate fudge cake batter pancakes with Irish whipped cream. These are one of my personal faves. It also shows how to make bacon confetti, if you like.
See the recipe for the pancakes here.
4 & 5. If you want something simple and fun, then make him mustaches and ties made out ofÂ bacon. These are applicable for fathers who are funny, or just think they are. Like the mustache cake pops, but salty. Mmmmmmm, bacon.
Very few materials needed. See the tutorial on how to make them here.
6. Beer cupcakes with beer and bacon frosting. This one has both shocked and delighted people. I did sample test it on a picky eater and he gave it two thumbs up. He was also upset to discover that I had given them away after taking the final photos of them.Â This recipe is great for someone wo likes cupcakes and desserts, but hates the sickingly sweet taste of many. The cake is not very sweet at all, which helps balance out the sugar from the frosting.
Um, I also show how to make mini bacon tie toppers. How would he not love that?
See the recipe for the cupcakes, and tutorial for bacon ties here.
Soooo if your pops is more of a meat and potatoes guy, then I strongly suggest making my “meat & potatoes” stuffed sliders. These are perfect because they are a total comfort food, but small enough to make them lighter and grill-worthy for the summer (okay there is nothing light about them, just not as heavy as a full meat and potatoes meal.. you know what I mean).
It just so happens that I made them the other day:
[singlepic id=45 w=320 h=240 float=center]
[singlepic id=44 w=320 h=240 float=center]
[singlepic id=43 w=320 h=240 float=center]
[singlepic id=46 w=320 h=240 float=center]
If you would like to learn how to make these, along with two other versions of my stuffed sliders, click here to see.
There are also instructions on how to make avocado fries, and green fried tomatoes.
Check back soon, because I have some brand spankin’ new recipes coming up next week!
****If you are considering posting up photos or ideas from this or any other posts I am truly happy that you are excited and find my recipes interesting enough to share with others. Please see copyright standards in the footer (bottom).