New Year’s Eve Glamour Glitter PopcornÂ
I’ve got me some resolutions.
My resolution list:
– To post sonogram photos on my Facebook wall every few months, even though I’m not pregnant.
– To eat at more health food restaurants. (Oh, I’m sorry. Did you think I was implying that I would eat more health food? I actually plan on bringing a couple of steaks and some fried mozzarella sticks and eat it in front of everyone. I will make loud, “Mmmmmmmmm,” noises while I chew.)
– Run more. To the liquor store.
-To not have a resolution.
…and, more glitter. You know, because glitter makes everything awesome (until you have to clean it up the next day. Ugh).
This popcorn is already helping you and the bajillion other people who will be trying to lose weight for their resolution. It’s light, and still flavorful so your New Year’s guests will be grateful.
This popcorn also happens to have more bling blang than Elizabeth Taylor.
Ingredients for New Year’s Eve Glamour Glitter PopcornÂ
– Freshly popped popcorn (I prefer to air pop using Kernel Seasonâ€™sâ„¢ Premium PoppingÂ Corn)
– Kernel Seasonâ€™sâ„¢ Popcorn Seasonings (choose your favorite flavors)
– Kernel Seasonâ€™sâ„¢ Popcorn Spritzer spray, or any oil or butter spray
***IMPORTANT:Â Up until recently, disco dust (an edible glitter) was labeled as non-toxic but not FDA approved. Now some online stores have started to state that it is for, “Decorative purposes only.” Â Although many bakers, bloggers, cake decorators, etc. do use it on top of food, this is a choice that you yourself must make. I am personally okay with it. If you are not, you can use the “edible glitter” instead of disco dust. It will appear to be more like flakes or star shapes (see images directly below).
After popping popcorn and adding seasoning, lay popcorn out on a baking sheet lined withÂ parchment paper.
Spray with popcorn spritzer spray and carefully sprinkle with disco dust (or edible glitter). Shake baking sheet sideÂ to side to coat all sides of popcorn. Spray again and sprinkle with more disco dust if needed.
Add popcorn to a pretty gift box with candy or any delicious add-in.
Glitter popcorn gives me so many feels, sigh.
Happy New Year!
Now go hound a burger in front of health food eaters. I swear, it will cheer you up.
****If you are considering posting up photos or writing from this or any other posts I am truly happy that you are excited and find my recipes interesting enough to share with others. Please see copyright standards in the footer (bottom) AND follow them!!!! In other words, 1 photo WITH credit+ link back, and do NOT copy and paste my instructions!