Rice Krispies Treat Eggs with Surprises Inside
Are these rice krispies treats? Is it a gift box? Is it an Easter egg? Is it a cool ice cream sundae? Will I be drunk Easter morning at brunch? Who knows the answer to these questions.
What I do know is that these rice krispies treat eggs are so friggin’ pretty that I might not bother giving any away. Just me, the marshmallowy treats, and a bunch of mini champagne bottles. No judgement.
Ingredients for Rice Krispies Treat Eggs
Remove from stove to cool. Once cereal is firm enough to hold its shape, coat the outside of cleaned plastic Plastic Easter eggs with cooking oil spray . Spray hands as well, then mold cereal mixture around egg halves and leave to fully firm.
Melt a Candy meltscolor in a piping bag in a microwave for 20 seconds at 50% power. Remove and massage, then repeat process until smooth and melted throughout. Cut tip of piping bag and pipe on top egg half, creating small drips along upper side. Shake plate the egg is sitting on to smooth out Candy melts, and help drips fall down the sides a little more. Drop sprinkles on Candy melts before they cool.
To complete your rice krispies treat eggs, fill plastic egg bottom with candy. Attach plastic eggs together and press rice krispies along the crack to merge. Wrap in plastic wrap to hold together and prevent dust from sticking.
I fill some of my rice krispies treat eggs with mini champagne bottles yah.
Pin this snoochie poos!
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1- 10 ounce bag of marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Cooking Spray
- Candy melts
- Small Easter candy pieces
- Melt butter over a stove on low. Pour marshmallows into saucepan and mix with butter until melted through. Add Rice Krispies and mix until evenly coated in marshmallow.
- Remove from stove. Once cereal is firm enough to hold shape, spray outside of easter eggs and hands with cooking oil.
- Mold mixture around egg halves and leave to fully firm.
- Melt a candy melt color in a piping bag. Pipe on top egg half, creating small drips along upper side. Shake plate the egg is sitting on to smooth out candy melt. Add sprinkles on top.
- Fill plastic egg bottom with candy. Attach plastic eggs together and press rice krispies along the crack to merge.